Jet skis, waverunners, and all other personal watercraft were built for one thing and one thing only: to absolutely RIP across the water. Which means that, even with just the factory settings, you can take basically any jet ski made by a major manufacturer these days and move at a pretty fast clip. Now, if you add anything extra to a top-of-the-line model, you’re gonna have a certified speed demon on your hands. We’re talking a blink and you’ll miss it type deal.
Well, the guys over at YouTube channel Sun Daily, were already working with a Sea-Doo Rxp-X 300 (though the PWC is incorrectly labeled as a 2017 Turbo Yamaha FZR in the video title). Then, they went ahead and put nitrous oxide in that bad boy. Cue an epic run that pushed speeds of more than 100 MPH.
Just take a quick look at the base features of a RXP-X 300, and you’ll see that even without the nitrous, this thing is completely stacked.
- Acceleration: 0-60 mph (96 km/h) in 3.8 Seconds
- Ergolock System: Narrow Racing Seat and Angled Footwell Wedges
- Racing Handlebar with Adjustable Riser
- High-Performance Variable Trim System (VTS)
- Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) with Sport Mode
- Intelligent Brake and Reverse (iBR)
- New for 2019! Eclipse Black and Lava Red premium colors
- Trim Tabs
- Other Features: Close-Loop Cooling System (CLCS), Anti-Theft Security System (D.E.S.S.?) and iControl® Learning Key®
Damn! It’s no wonder this Sea-Doo model will run you slightly more than $15,000. It’s got all the bells and whistles and then some. The fact that these guys put nitrous in this monster means that they definitely aren’t strangers to pure, unadulterated power.
Can you imagine riding a supercharged jet ski like this around, nitrous and all, during that next family beach vacation? That’s one way to give your mom a heart attack.
This post was originally published on August 7, 2019.