Products featured on Alt_driver are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
It's fun to surf the web and Instagram accounts for pictures and commentary on classic cars, but nothing beats this one-of-a-kind book of more than 10,000 American cars. Tad Burness and Matt Stone are the authors behind the book.
- Publication date: May 9, 2017
- 1,376 pages total
- Black and white photos
- Publisher: Black Dog & Leventhal
Car lovers will have the chance to read and examine over 70 years of the auto industry! This bestseller covers collector, luxury, sports, and everyday cars. If you're someone who wants all the details about original prices, engine sizes, and horsepower, then this book is for you. Add it to your Amazon wishlist.
With nearly 1,400 pages of advertisements, catalogs, and brochures about Model Ts, muscle cars of the '60s and '70s, up to the early SUVs of the '90s, this will be a trip down memory lane for all generations. As Mark C. Bach said, you'll want to sit down with the book and just let the facts flow in.
This is a great gift for car enthusiasts! If Dad loves cars, then he'll enjoy this Father's Day Gift. Not convinced? These three Amazon customer reviews prove the illustrated history of American automobiles is a car lover's dream.
More About the Authors:
- Author of more than 22 books, including American Car Spotter guides
- Wrote syndicated "Auto Album" column, which ran from 1966 until his death in 2012
- Former Editor of Motor Trend Classic magazine
- Former member of SPEED/FOX SPORTS television network's Barrett-Jackson auction broadcast team
It doesn't matter if you're a Ford or Chevy person, this car book is a must-have.