Advertisement
texas motor speedway Instagram: Texas Motor Speedway

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Authorities say two men were rushed to hospitals in critical condition after being found suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning inside their converted bus at Texas Motor Speedway.

Fort Worth fire spokesman Kyle Clay says firefighters found the men shortly before 9 a.m. Sunday. Bystanders had reported the men were ill inside the bus parked in the raceway’s infield. A bystander was giving one of the men CPR when firefighters arrived.

Read More: Kevin Harvick Will Get Another Shot at Championship Thanks to Thrilling Overtime Win in Texas

Clay says a gas-powered generator inside the vehicle wasn’t properly ventilated. NASCAR’s Texas 500 was running at the speedway Sunday.

Clay says both men appeared to be in their 50s when they were taken to the infield care center. One was airlifted to a hospital for treatment in a hyperbaric chamber. Their identities haven’t been released.

Read More: Mari Hulman George, the “Quiet Pioneer” of Auto Racing, Has Died

Author placeholder image About the author:
The Associated Press is an independent, not-for-profit news cooperative headquartered in New York City. Our teams in over 100 countries tell the world’s stories, from breaking news to investigative reporting. We provide content and services to help engage audiences worldwide, working with companies of all types, from broadcasters to brands.
View More Articles

Associated Press

Engaging Car News, Reviews, and Content You Need to See - alt_driver Studio

Stories You Might Like