MotorTrend is back with the NINTH installment of their “World’s Greatest Drag Race” series, and they definitely delivered this time around. For the epic display of speed, they headed to the Vandenberg Air Force Base in Santa Barbara County, California for the third year in a row. It’s a fitting place for supercars and sports cars to face off, since the base has the fourth-longest runway in America.
For Round 9 of the drag racing spectacle, 12 cars duked it out in half-mile and quarter-mile sprints. Before we see these speed demons in action, let’s take a look at the competitors. The battle royale pitted Aston Martin DBS Superleggera vs. Bentley Continental GT vs. BMW M850i vs. BMW M2 Competition vs. Dodge Challenger Hellcat Red Eye Widebody vs. Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 vs. Jaguar XE SV Project 8 vs. Lamborghini Urus vs. Mercedes-AMG GT 63 vs. McLaren Senna vs. Porsche 911 Carrera S vs. Toyota GR Supra.
Now, for that good stuff.
Pretty incredible, right? What you just witnessed was 12 cars, packing a combined horsepower of around 7,000, do what they do best. Not surprisingly, the McLaren took top honors in both the quarter mile and half mile. Here are the official sprint times for all the competitors, per Reddit user Squishy Soap.
- McLaren Senna: 10.08
- Porsche 911 Carrera S: 11.20
- Mercedes-AMG GT 63: 11.20
- Lamborghini Urus: 11.32
- Aston Martin DBS Superleggera: 11.51
- Bentley Continental GT: 11.67
- Jaguar XE SV Project 8: 11.67
- Dodge Challenger Hellcat Red Eye Widebody: 11.77
- BMW M850i: 11.93
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT350: 12.30
- BMW M2 Competition: 12.45
- Toyota Supra: 12.48
- McLaren Senna: 15.65
- Aston Martin DBS Superleggera: 17.68
- Mercedes-AMG GT 63: 17.71
- Porsche 911 Carrera S: 17.73
- Lamborghini Urus: 18.06
- Dodge Challenger Hellcat Red Eye Widebody: 18.10
- Jaguar XE SV Project 8: 18.32
- Bentley Continental GT: 18.43
- BMW M850i: 18.83
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT350: 19.16
- BMW M2 Competition: 19.50
- Toyota Supra: 19.75
We can’t wait to see what MotorTrend does for “World’s Greatest Drag Race 10.” It’ll be tough to top this one, but we’re sure they’ll find a way.