Back in 2017, Red Bull athlete Daniel Bodin became the first person to ever complete a double backflip on a snowmobile. The X Games gold medalist approached the ramp with what looks like too little speed, before pinning the throttle to launch into the air. Keeping the throttle wide open to maintain his rotational momentum, he completed the ultimate trick by sticking the landing and falling to his knees in elation as his buddies come running to join the celebration.
This is not the first snowmobile record for the Swede, as Bodin has set previous records for the longest back flip and for flying nearly 230 feet off a ski jump.
?I did it! I can?t believe I did it! The rush! It just can?t be described – nobody in this world can understand the feeling,” Bodin said after nailing the stunt. “I have nurtured the dream about nailing this trick for more than two years.
?I have always felt that this trick was mine and I simply couldn?t let anybody else beat me to it. But pulling off a double for the first time in a competition didn?t feel right. I wanted to do it without the pressure and in an environment that I could control.?
Other than making history with the double backflip, Bodin has a number of X Games accomplishments in his more than 10 years as a competitor. Here’s a look:
- X Games Aspen 2020 — SMB Freestyle — 2nd
- X Games Aspen 2019 — SMB Freestyle — 1st
- X Games Aspen 2018 — SMB Speed & Style — 8th
- X Games Aspen 2018 — SMB Freestyle — 5th
- X Games Aspen 2017 — SMB Best Trick — 1st
- Winter X Games Aspen 2013 — SMB Freestyle — 4th
- Winter X Games Aspen 2013 — SMB Best Trick — 1st
- Winter X Games 2011 — SMB Speed & Style — 4th
- Winter X Games 2011 — SMB Best Trick — 1st
- Winter X Games 2011 — SMB Freestyle — 1st
- Winter X Games 2010 — SMB Best Trick — 2nd
- Winter X Games 2010 — SMB Freestyle — 4th
- Winter X Games 2009 — SMB Freestyle — 4th
- Winter X Games 2008 — SMB Freestyle — 4th
- Winter X Games 2007 — SMB Freestyle — 4th
This post was originally published on January 27, 2017.