If you drive a super sleek, expensive European car, that might mean that you’re somewhat successful, but it doesn’t certainly doesn’t guarantee that you’re necessarily all that smart. Case in point? The above video of two BMW M3 drivers drag racing at a stop light…right in front of a police car.
Now, these two wannabe badasses being completely oblivious to the cop might make sense if he were driving a covert Toyota Camry or something like that. But, the officer was driving an all-black Ford Explorer with a spotlight. How in the world did both of these guys miss this?
Right when the light changed to green, these two racers were off. Surprisingly, the Explorer caught right up to them and pulled them over. That probably had something to do with the fact that the Police Interceptor Utility package boasts a 365-horsepower 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine.
As far as the fate of the two drag racers, Reddit user bouncyspacelion offered a little bit of a backstory, which was provided by one of the M3 drivers.
“Points to be noted:
1. Both cars are manual vs automatic pedal to the metal V6 TT (cop said that).
2. He sneaked up right behind us as we were about to take off.
3. We let go throttle as soon as shifted in second and realized “we are f*****.”
4. Didn’t make sense for someone to leave the scene or dip because that’s not what family does.
5. Cop took it in humor and called in backup to take pictures of cars and everyone had a laugh.
6. Unsafe start from stop ticket $132 each.”
You’d hope that these two learned their lessons, but we wouldn’t put any money on it.
This post was originally published on November 14, 2017.