The 1989 25th anniversary Lamborghini Countach is the result of the decade’s fascination with cocaine and Miami Vice.
You can imagine what could have been going on in the design room as Horacio Pagani asked himself important questions like:
- Should the driver be able to see in the rain?
- Should you be able to open the engine compartment with the trunk open?
- Should you be able to reverse the car with all doors closed?
- How do you feel about angles?
- Should the horn sound stupid?
- How big of a deal would it be if we just let the battery get wet?
It’s brilliant. And Doug Demuro is the perfect guide to all of its strangeness. Though, the removable mirror was maybe a bit too on the nose.