William Byron and Alex Bowman are replacing Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kasey Kahne at Hendrick Motorsports next season, and they have big shoes to fill with the team.
Byron and Bowman joined NBC Sports Network's NASCAR America, and the crew -- Marty Snider, Kyle Petty and Dale Jarrett -- quizzed the young drivers on the history of Hendrick Motorsports since the 1980s.
Here are a few of the questions they asked, and we'll include the answers at the bottom of the post so readers can play along.
- What was the first Cup Series win for Hendrick Motorsports and who was the driver for the win?
- What is the home state of crew chief Greg Ives?
- How many drivers have won in the 88 car?
- How many drivers have won in the 24 car?
- How many wins does Jeff Gordon have?
Related: William Byron gets some big time help for his team in 2018
The two young drivers answered the questions pretty well and knew the history of the team.
Here are the answers -- hopefully no one cheated.
- Geoff Bodine at Martinsville in 1984. Both answered correctly.
- Michigan. Bowman answered correctly. Ives will be Bowman's crew chief.
- Dale Jarrett, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Darrell Waltrip, Buck Baker and Bobby Allison. Bowman got the two Dale's right.
- Jeff Gordon. Byron had a way easier question.
- Byron answered this one quickly and correctly.
The two drivers are joining a highly successful team, and the pressure will be on them early to have produce results for Hendrick Motorsports.